There’s plenty going on at Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa to keep you busy for weeks, but if you’re feeling adventurous, why not take advantage of your time in the Dominican Republic to see some of what this incredible county has to offer? Below we’ve listed some of our favorite excursions, all within a couple hours of Breathless Punta Cana.
- Altos De Chavón: A fascinating recreation of a 16th century Mediterranean village on a cliff overlooking the Río Chavón in the Dominican city of La Romana. Altos De Chavón’s narrow, cobblestone alleyways are home to Mediterranean-style restaurants, artisan and craft shops and art galleries and a 5,000-person Roman-style amphitheater.
- Isla Saona: Take a catamaran, sail or speedboat to this scenic island located off of the south-east tip of the Dominican Republic to experience the incredible turquoise water and beauty of the limestone cliffs. You may even see some dolphins following your boat!
- Santo Domingo: The capital city of the Dominican Republic is where the settlement of all the Americas began. Visit the first cathedral and the first hospital. Explore the cobblestone streets that wind through the Spanish colonial architecture and imagine that you’re back in the 1500s. Enjoy the fine entertainment and restaurants for your pleasure.
- La Romana: Located approximately 1.5 hours southwest of Punta Cana, La Romana is one of the largest cities in the Dominican Republic and is known for its superior golfing, beautiful beaches and shopping area.
- Higuey: This small historical town is renowned for its large Basilica honoring the Virgen de la Altagracia, patron saint of the Dominican Republic. Stroll the small streets and sample some of the delectable local cheese and fresh fruit from the local markets.
Contact your tour operator today to arrange your day excursions while staying at Breathless Punta Cana. Book your Winter GREATaway to the resort today and save up to 40% off your stay and receive up to $400 in resort coupons!